In the midst of all the craziness with the election and pandemic, I forgot the 4-year anniversary of my second book, POINT BLANK, which was in October. So while putting in those 10,000 hours of practice, I created a little something for the occasion.
I included quotes and blurbs from folks who were generous enough to drop their thoughts on the book. They are:
- U.S. Poet Laureate Joy Harjo
- Kyle Dargan, winner of the 2018 Lenore Marshall Poetry Prize from the Academy of American Poets
- Patricia Smith, 2005 National Poetry Series winner
- Annie Finch, “award-winning feminist poet and writer”
- Maryland Poet Laureate Grace Cavalieri
- The Best American Poetry blog
Thank you all so much!
I also wanted to use this video to showcase the photos of Ewholomeyovwi Jeroro, with Ewholo Jeroro Photography. I took some artistic liberties with some that I used to create a 3D collage. (You’ll know when you see it.)
I’m so grateful that brother allowed me to use his photo for the cover. I’ve thanked him several times before, but don’t feel I can thank him enough. I love his work! Watch the video above.